Tuesday 1 January 2013

Another Year Commences!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!


My new year's eve was mostly spent with the lovely little family of my best friend :)
There was sushi, cake, champagne and other lovely things to indulge us with and we even lit fireworks with gumma's little princess! All in all a very nice evening which will be remembered!



Soo,, thinking about new year's resolutions I have to say that my biggest one is to be able to speak more Spansh! I am still making an effort to learn it and my vocabulary is slowly growing..

The Spanish in-laws will hopefully be coming to Edinburgh for a visit in April, and since they don't speak a word of English, I will need to know more than simple formalities if I wish to be able to communicate with them...

I am using podcasts from iTunes and a course on the Rosetta Stone program to learn, but the Rosetta Stone program has a annoying amount of repetitions which are driving me crazy... But I think I will just have to endure cause I believe it to be beneficial in the end!

So all you lovely people out there! How did you greet the new year and what are your new year's resolutions?? :)

4 comments:

  1. I´m looking forward to seeing the graphic evidence of such a lovely night :-)

    Regarding your new year´s resolutions I think that I´m in a position to help you with your Spanish :-) Anyway you´ll certainly succeed because definitely you have a natural gift for languages.

    When it comes to my new year´s resolutions, I want to go back to doing sport and give Faroese and Japanese a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey! :) I can't do anything about the Japanese but I can definitely help you with the Faroese! Also we can go swimming! Wooohooo! :)

      Delete
  2. hahaha... with your skills you will get spanish done in no time, dear !! :) right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kanska ikki in no time, men tað kemur spakuliga :) Ikki altíð líka motiverað...

      Delete