Monday 15 April 2013

Language Lesson!

So, as I have said before I'm trying to learn Spanish... Indeed I haven't made as much effort as I would've liked lately, but at least I've learned some new words..

Well, in about two weeks time the in-laws are coming to visit for around 10 days, and I am really excited! At the same time I'm a nervous wreck cause they don't know one word in English and communicating with them is therefore going to be very interesting! And to top it all off, Francisco will be working the whole time they're here and my university classes and exams have finished, meaning that I don't have much else to do than just stay home - trying to speak Spanish! Ehm... Would you like ehm quieres some té o café?? Ehm leche??
Ahhh it's going to be fine, don't worry! - Is what I try to tell myself a few times a day..

Well, to try to make this great experience a little less awkward/embarrassing for me, I've come up with the idea to make a spreadsheet with some sentences in English and translate them into Spanish! That way I can print it off and use it as a help + practice a bit before they arrive!
Then my brilliant mind thought "Hm, Francisco is trying to learn some Faroese for when he come to visit this summer, so why not also translate the sentences into Faroese at the same time??" What a good idea Vanja! So translate the sentences into Faroese has also been done! ;)

And to prove that I'm committed to learning the sentences, here's a print-screen of the spreadsheet! :)

Okay okay, I'm not completely finished..


On the even brighter side, after hearing/speaking Spanish for ten days my vocabulary should definitely be much improved! :)


To finish up, here's an update on the whole moving thing!
We moved into the new place on the weekend of the 23rd of March :) First we spent all of the Saturday moving Francisco's stuff - and waiting for Virgin Media man to install internet. Then on Sunday we had hired a man with a van to move my stuff! He arrived at 13:00 and KAPOW 30 mins later all my stuff was in the new place! That's how it's done! hehe, but the mess was really bad though, I'm amazed at the amount of stuff I've got..
This is all just my stuff (and some of it is even missing on the photo)

Well, we have settled into the new place and we are loving it! Now the only thing left for me to do, after working though this pile of uni work, is to prepare for ten days of intense Español - and I can't wait! :)))))

3 comments:

  1. :-D
    Don´t worry! No problemo. It will be fine.
    Just keep the notes within reach and you´ll be safe :-)

    ReplyDelete