Saturday 8 September 2012

August is festival time!


Being back in Edinburgh is great! And not just because this is where mi novio is ;)

Edinburgh in August is very busy and there is so much going on that it is overwhelming! There are shows every day for basically the whole month, from early afternoon till late evening. There is everything from Poetry Readings to Cabarets.

I went to around 15 shows, all of them being free except for one, which was a comedy show with the funny Dylan Moran, and it was absolutely great! Living in Edinburgh, where Dylan Moran lives as well, I’ve just been waiting for the opportunity to go to one of his shows!

The other shows were mostly comedy shows as well; however we did go to two cabarets and one play/storytelling.

I have to say that some of the shows were brilliant while some were absolutely horrible - and I do mean truly horrible! It was a comedy show (!) with this guy that was the worst thing I've ever been to... However, I was nice to the guy anyway,, gave him a tip at the end, where he gave me a kiss on the cheek and said "Did you like the show?"; I put on a fake smile and lied through my teeth saying "Yeah, it was fine", and then went running for the closest exit!

On the one side I really enjoy the August version of Edinburgh, but I have to admit that I was relieved when the festival was over. Not that I was that much among the crowds, but because one of the reasons that I love being in Edinburgh, is that even though it is a big city, it doesn’t feel as busy as some other big cities do.. I like that it’s kinda cozy – for lack of a better suited word (but I'm guessing that you know what I mean).

The festival was great though and it's definitely worth coming to Edinburgh in August - just in case anyone is thinking about coming to visit! :)

Indeed my mum did come to visit for a few days in August, and it was great to show her around the city that is starting to feel like a second home to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment