Saturday 8 September 2012

Learning Spanish!


Sooo, one of my big projects is to learn Spanish… Reason being of course that mi novio is a hot-blooded Spaniard! Hahahaha ;)

When I was in school, eight years back, and had the option between Russian, Spanish and French, I choose French.. Hrmf!! Oh well, I don’t really remember that much of French either, even though I had it for two years, so probably wouldn’t have been any different if I had gone with Spanish..

Even though I really want to speak the language I’m finding it difficult to really engage in it,,, or rather to get really passionate about learning it…

I try my best though, and at one point I even had post-its all over that flat with Spanish words for all the different object.. Like for example: enchufe for socket, puerta for door, espejo for mirror and so on..
Now that I think about it, that was a really good idea, and I still remember all the words on the post-its… Hm.. Note to oneself, put up post-its in my new flat – when I finally find one!

When I was driving home from work this summer, I did indeed listen to podcasts, and I kinda still remember the intro to every single podcast: “Hi and welcome to Discover Spanish! My name is Johnny Spanish and I’m here in Miami Florida with Christina. Hola Johnny!“… Even though the intro was “only” for around 20 seconds it felt like 2 minutes,, and it was getting on my nerves! Hehe! Oh well, you have to take the good with the bad I guess.. :p

Well,, my next method for learning is to have mi novio teach me a new sentence every day.. Also whenever we say a number, it has to be in Spanish! Buuut we’re horrible at remembering to do the number thing..

But it’s like Johnny Spanish says in the podcasts: “The trick to learning Spanish is to practice a little bit Every Day” (said with a fake overenthusiastic voice).

Even though I'm progressing at a very slow rate, it's better than not progressing at all..

When I finally go to Spain I will at least be able to say some basic things..
Hola, me llamo Vanja. Encantado de conocerte! Cómo estás? Muy bien gracias. Soy la novia de Francisco. Tengo veinticinco años! Soy de las Islas Feroe.

I do know some more words and sentences, but am really looking forward to the time when my vocabulary has grown to the stage that I can communicate in this lovely language! If not fully then at least partially :)

No comments:

Post a Comment